Harvest Cellar Supervisor/Harvest Assistant Winemaker
Company: Tohu Wines
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
Tohu Wines is a premium producer of wines based out of our modern winery in the Awatere Valley of Marlborough.
Now in our 20th year, we have been making award-winning wines since 1998. Our wine range includes Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Methode Traditionelle, Pinot Noir and Merlot from a range of premium vineyard sites across New Zealand including Marlborough, Nelson, Hawkes Bay and Gisborne.
We have a place in our 2018 Harvest team for a dedicated and hardworking Harvest Cellar Supervisor/Harvest Assistant Winemaker.
To be successful in applying for this job you will need to be:
- Experienced in all aspects of winery work with 3+ vintages experience.
- Physically fit.
- Hard working and highly-organised with a quality-focus and an eye for detail.
- Safety conscious.
- Prepared to work long hours including shift work when required.
- Have exceptional communication skills.
- Able to start early March 2018.
If successful, you will enjoy working with fruit from some great vineyards across New Zealand and will be involved in many, maybe all, aspects of the winemaking process. We will feed you, help you find accommodation, provide transport to and from the winery, pay you well and work you very hard.
You will be part of a small and dedicated team in the winery, so a positive attitude and a good sense of humour are essential.
To apply for this job forward your cover letter and C.V. by clicking the link below.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.tohu.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business