Location: Hawkes Bay
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated individual at an award-winning Hawkes Bay winery.
The role will involve working under the current winemaker over the 2018 vintage, learning the ropes and the wine styles of the winery and its contract clients. A wide variety of wine styles are produced. Over this period the successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of wine production including:
- Vineyard sampling
- Lab analysis
- Record keeping
- Cap management
- Barrel work
Following vintage, the role will change into a flexible (2-3 day a week), sole charge role, reporting directly to the owners and the contract clients. The successful applicant must have/be:
- hold a relevant tertiary qualification
- have a sound understanding of health and safety
- be obsessively clean
- be well-schooled in basic lab work
- be literate with winery software
- hold a current NZ driver’s license and forklift licence
- be experienced in winery compliance
- have a minimum of 5 vintages experience
- have experience in running fining trials
- have experience in earth and pad filtration
This is a great opportunity to build on a successful winery/contract business with the added bonus of being flexible and getting the chance to work with some fantastic wines and well established labels and consultants. This is a physical, hands-on role so a good level of fitness is a must.
Remuneration will be discussed with short-listed candidates.
Applications close: at 6pm on Friday 9 February 2018.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.askerne.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business