Vintage Cellar Hand
Company: The Bone Line
Category: Harvest / Vintage
Mid-March to early-June (approx. 12 weeks)
The Bone Line is a small, family-owned wine company based in Waipara, North Canterbury, producing 100% estate grown and produced wines that reflect our special site and the people who work with it.
This is a great opportunity to get immersed in small quality-focussed wine growing within a small family/team environment.
Reporting directly to the Winemaker, tasks will include:
- assisting with grape sampling and analysis
- grape receival and processing
- juice and wine movements and additions
- fermentation cap management
- equipment and cellar cleaning
This is a physically demanding role with the peak weeks requiring up to 12-hour days, 6 days a week.
Applicants must have:
- a can-do attitude
- at least 2 previous harvests experience in winemaking or a similar industry
- forklift experience (license can be arranged)
- eligibility to work in New Zealand and good english
We cannot offer a vehicle or accommodation, but will endeavour to help you source them.
Check out www.theboneline.co.nz for more about us and the wines we produce.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.theboneline.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business