Vintage Cellar Hand
Company: Coopers Creek Vineyard Auckland
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
We are looking for Cellar Hands for Vintage 2018. One of the positions will be split between the winery and lab.
The position is based at our Huapai Winery, just outside of Auckland city.
We require interns with a “can do” attitude and great team work skills.
If you have the following attributes, then we would love to hear from you:
- Have a passion for wine and a love of hard work
- Be prepared to work weekends
- Be prepared to work long hours (12+ a day)
- Have a minimum of at least two previous vintages experience
- Have a strong command of both oral and written English
- Have a valid New Zealand work visa
- Lab experience - if you are applying for the Cellar Hand/Lab position
The position will commence approximately 1 March 2018 and run through until approx 1 June 2018 depending on vintage conditions and winery requirements.
Actual workload will be dictated by vintage conditions, but the successful candidate should expect 12-hour days, 6 days a week.
Please send a covering letter, your CV and references to Louise Louw via the apply button below.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.cooperscreek.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business