Cellar Hand - Drylands
Company: Constellation Brands New Zealand Ltd
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country’s #1 exporter of wine to the US, with our brands Kim Crawford and Nobilo driving category growth across the Pacific. Here at home, and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and more. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of ‘elevating life with every glass raised.’
About the Role
We are looking for two Cellar Hands to work opposite shifts at Drylands, our largest winery in Rapaura. Reporting to a Cellar Supervisor, these roles are in the cellar where our award-winning wines are crafted. Shifts are in two-week cycles 7.00-15.30 and 15.00 to 23.30.
- Following all safety procedures, ensuring proper PPE, incident reporting, etc
- Harvest operations, including supervising, crushing and pressing
- Assist with the cellar operations around blending, fining, clarification, preparation and despatch
- Experience in a winery, and working harvest preferred
- A reasonable level of fitness, as harvest requires 12-hour shifts, 6 days per week
- A current driver’s licence, forklift certified preferred
- Practical approach to solving problems and a 'can-do' attitude
Benefits and Culture
Our benefits include a wine allowance, wellness programme, bonus scheme, Safe Ride Programme and more. We offer a team environment with the cellars from our two wineries gathering with winemakers once a month for tastings. The wider Marlborough team gathers for Christmas parties, Roast Day lunches and more. Cellar staff are also offered the opportunity to participate in training through Competenz.
Click the Apply Now button to start your application before 30 November 2017. Or, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation. For more information about us, visit at www.constellationnz.com
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.constellationnz.com/careers.html
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business