Vintage Assistant Winemaker
Company: Mount Brown Estates Ltd
Location: Waipara Valley
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
Mount Brown Estates is a family-owned, premium winery in the Waipara Valley producing a range of wines including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Tempranillo. Our Pinot Noir has won both domestic and international acclaim.
We are seeking a Vintage Assistant Winemaker for 2018, beginning late-March 2018 for approximately 10 weeks.
The role offers diverse experience in dealing with large commercial quantities along with smaller parcels of premium wine. The successful candidate should have the following:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with at least 3 vintages of practical experience.
- The ability to monitor and assess multiple fermenting vessels.
- Be hands-on and hard-working, with a willingness to work the long hours that vintage requires.
- A broad knowledge of all winery operations and equipment.
- Sound laboratory and record keeping skills.
- Excellent sensory skills.
- Current drivers license and ideally a forklift license.
The breadth of winemaking, a small team and the responsibility of the role makes this an excellent chance to further develop your winemaking career, particularly in relation to small premium parcels. This position would also suit an experienced Cellar Hand wanting to get into winemaking.
Please email your CV via the apply button below before 8 December 2017.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.mountbrown.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business