Company: Marlborough Vintners 2011 Ltd
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
Marlborough Vintners is a wine processing company providing exceptional winemaking services for clients as well producing our own branded wines. Located in the heart of Marlborough's wine region, we are looking for a full-time Lab Techinican to join our talented team.
- Daily set-up and calibration of instrumentation.
- Tank and barrel sampling.
- Wine and grape analysis using both benchtop chemistry and auto-analyzers.
- Prepare trials and blends upon request.
- Data entry utilizing Vinx2 Wine Database.
- Prepare solutions and maintain chemicals.
- Ensure safety at all times including use of personal protective equipment.
- Routine cleaning and preventative maintenance of lab equipment.
- Set up tastings for our Sensory Panel.
- Cellar work if needed and other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- must have a minimum of 2 years lab experience and wine making science qulifications or strong science background with some laboratory work.
- Detail-oriented: ability to recognize numbers outside of tolerance, raise red flags, and ask questions.
- Analytical and math skills required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be a team player.
- Working various shifts, including weekends and overtime.
- Good communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business