Viticulturist – Hawke’s Bay
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Location: Hawkes Bay
Category: Vineyard / Viticulture
Viticulturist – Hawke’s Bay
If you’re looking for a new challenge in an exciting global organization, apply today!
- Exciting new technical role
- Respected brands such as Church Road, Brancott Estate, Absolute Vodka, Jameson, just to name a few
- Hawke’s Bay Location
An exciting new opportunity for an experienced Viticulturist to join our Hawke’s Bay team.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the person is responsible for providing value and analysis on Viticulture interests while driving innovative and continuous improvement in the Hawke’s Bay region.
So, what are the sorts of things you can expect from this role?
- No two days are the same as you will be exposed to a wide range of viticulture activities including disease monitoring, irrigation scheduling, crop estimation, data collection, to name a few.
- Develop and maintain strong networks within the local industry growers and suppliers.
- Provide expertise and recommend best practice, including implementing innovative technology and continuous improvement.
- Exposure to a variety of Vintage activities including planning, field sampling and collation of data.
- Assist Area Manager in a variety of vineyard operational activities.
Skills and experience required for this role include:
- 2+ years’ experience in a viticulturist role
- Tertiary qualified
- Strong knowledge of NZ viticulture best practice
- Strong information systems/Excel skills with experience in analysis and data modelling
- Strong time management, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to identify and communicate key issues and potential solutions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
We are one of New Zealand's premier wine and spirits companies. We represent a rich portfolio of brands that makes us intensely proud and reflects our #1 position in New Zealand - a position achieved through hard work and a great culture.
We are a company of people with commitment and integrity, a dash of entrepreneurship and a splash of conviviality. The latest engagement survey showed that 86% of NZ Operations employees are engaged and proud to be associated with the company. It's a winning mix that's seen the Pernod Ricard Group ascend to co-leader in wine and spirits globally, and makes it a great place to work for like-minded people.
We are looking for a strong communicator that will have the capacity to work accurately and consistently under pressure. If this sounds like the role you’ve been looking for we’d love to hear from you!
Applications close 29 December 2017, however we will be reviewing application as they come in.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: pernod-ricard-winemakers.com/
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business