Harvest 2018: Villa Maria Hawkes Bay Winery
Company: Villa Maria
Location: Hawkes Bay
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
Villa Maria Family of Wineries, which includes Villa Maria, Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Thornbury, Te Awa, Left Field and Kidnapper Cliffs are building a new winery located by the Gimblett Gravels. The winery will focus on production of premium wines from white and red grapes harvested in Gisborne and Hawkes Bay.
The winery will be a state-of-the-art facility and will include open-top concrete tanks, individual barrel rooms and fruit sorting equipment specially designed for super premium handpicked grapes. The winery will create efficiencies without compromising the historical individuality that characterizes the wines that will be crafted there.
We are now seeking candidates to join us for the 2018 Harvest to work in our new Hawkes Bay winery to assist us to continue this legacy.
We require intelligent, self-motivated people with a hands-on approach to join our committed and highly motivated team.
Although experience in the industry and an interest in wine is an advantage, we need hardworking people with energy, enthusiasm, and a “can-do” attitude.
The Hawkes Bay winery is looking for:
- Cellar Hands: duties vary depending on the work area, and include fruit receival, running presses, filtration, tank rackings, barrel work, plunging and pumping over red ferments, juice and wine additions, loading/receiving tankers, and cleaning.
- Laboratory Assistants: duties include carrying out daily analysis, ferment checks, data-entry and other duties as required.
- Senior Cellar Hands: duties include assigning and assisting staff with operations, communicating with shift winemakers and area supervisors, and carrying out Cellar Hand duties.
The employment period is early-mid February, to early-mid May. Shift work is required and during the peak of harvest working up to 12-hour shifts on a rostered basis.
Please apply on-line. Only electronic application with the contact details for 2 referees will be considered.
Along with your CV, please submit a one page covering letter summarising your relevant experience and education.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.villamaria.co.nz
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business