Vintage Cellar Positions 2018
Company: Treasury Wine Estates
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
Matua began as a small family business in the 1970's and quickly became known for innovative wines and the producer of the first New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Today at Matua we continue to produce award-winning innovative wines for people to enjoy world-wide.
We would like to hear from passionate and experienced Cellar Hands interested in joining our Vintage 2018 team in Marlborough.
Our vintage roles are full-time, fixed-term positions usually running from early March to May depending on winery requirements. During the peak of harvest our vintage staff work a 6-day week on 12-hour shifts. There will also be some post vintage roles available for up to 2 months to assist with post vintage activities, including blending and cleaning.
At Matua we like our vintage team to have previous vintage experience (at least two years previous vintage experience preferred) either in NZ or overseas. We also look for crew who have:
- Experience with winemaking processes and vintage cellar operations
- A passion for what you do and a natural interest in all things wine
- A love for working within a hard working team
- A good level of fitness
- Good written and verbal English language skills; and
- Legal entitlement to work in NZ
- As a part of the Matua vintage team you will have the opportunity to work with a great team, earn competitive pay, and receive valuable training.
If this sounds like you, please apply by submitting the following documents:
- CV or resume
- Completed Application for Employment Form
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.tweglobal.com
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business