Harvest 2018: Villa Maria Marlborough Winery
Company: Villa Maria
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
In 2017 Villa Maria was named as one of the 10 most admired wine brands in the world (for the third consecutive year) by Drinks International, the only New Zealand brand in the top 10.
Villa Maria is now seeking candidates to join us for the 2018 Harvest to work in our modern Marlborough winery to assist us to continue this legacy.
We require intelligent, self-motivated people with a hands-on approach to join our committed and highly motivated team.
Although experience in the industry and an interest in wine is an advantage, we need hardworking people with energy, enthusiasm, and a “can-do” attitude.
The Marlborough winery is looking for:
- Cellar Hands: duties vary depending on the work area, and include fruit receival, running presses, filtration, tank rackings, barrel work, plunging and pumping over red ferments, juice and wine additions, loading/receiving tankers, and cleaning.
- Laboratory Assistants: duties include carrying out daily analysis, ferment checks, data-entry and other duties as required.
- Senior Cellar Hands: duties include assigning and assisting staff with operations, communicating with shift winemakers and area supervisors, and carrying out cellar hand duties.
The employment period is early-mid March to early-mid May. Shift work is required and during the peak of harvest working up to 12 hour shifts on a rostered basis.
Please apply on-line. Only electronic application with the contact details for 2 referees will be considered.
Along with your CV, please submit a one page covering letter summarising your relevant experience and education.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.villamaria.co.nz/jobs
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business