Assistant Vineyard Manager
Company: Tohu Wines/Kono Beverages
Category: Vineyard / Viticulture
Tohu Wines is a premium producer of wines based out of our modern winery in the Awatere Valley of Marlborough.
We are looking for an Assistant Vineyard Manager for our Awatere Valley vineyard. This 72Ha vineyard produces fruit for our premium, reserve and single vineyard wines. We grow Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, Riesling, Chardonnay and Pinot Blanc.
We are a Maori owned wine company with a focus on quality, kaitiakitanga, land wellness and place a high value and care on the health and well-being of our whenua (land).
This is a hands-on role involving machine operation and manual viticulture tasks. A particular focus for this role is working closely with the wine making team to get the best possible results for each block. An intimate knowledge of the vine-to-wine process would be ideal and the successful applicant will be involved with tastings and be included with decisions on future management and development of an ‘estate’ series of wines.
We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated person with proven experience in viticultural management and experience in ‘organic’ practices and management would be favourable. A tertiary qualification in viticulture is preferred. An emphasis will be on producing high quality grapes whilst ensuring that viticulture best practice and safe work practices are followed.
Attributes and Personal Qualities required for success with this position include:
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- Good time management, strong planning and organising skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Team player with friendly and open communication skills.
- High level of presentation.
- Nimble and capable to prioritise work depending on needs, seasonal and environmental influences.
- A quality-focus and attention to detail.
- Results-oriented, keen to always learn and continuously improve.
Other duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage and oversee our valued contractors and service providers.
- SWNZ and Health & Safety requirements.
- Overview of operations to ensure they are done safely and efficiently; with minimum wastage and downtime.
- Assist with various R&D trials taking place with external partners and also within.
- Planning spray programs including appropriate product selection, timing of application and compliance.
If you are interested in working in a varied and stimulating environment then apply online now with your CV and a cover letter.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.tohuwines.co.nz/
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business