Vintage Staff 2018
Company: Wairau River Wines
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
The Rose family have been growing grapes in Marlborough for nearly 40 years, and are pioneers in the district. Our ultra-modern winery is capable of processing 6,000 tonnes. We are looking for experienced Cellar Hands to work Vintage 2018 (sorry - no first timers).
- Willing to work a rostered shift-system, weekends and extended hours when required
- A good level of fitness
- A minimum 2 years winery experience
- A formal tertiary winemaking qualification
Duties & responsibilities
- Follow instructions & procedures as set down by shift supervisor
- Fruit receival, crushing and pressing
- Juice racking and RDV filtration of solids
- Juice inoculation
- Fermentation additions of bentonite, DAP and fining agents
- Red wine fermentation monitoring and pressing
- Wine racking and SO2 additions
- Tank cleaning, floor cleaning
Please send all applications to Nick Entwistle, Wairau River Wines, 264 Rapaura Road, RD3, Blenheim or via the apply button below.
Applications close 19 October 2017
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.wairauriverwines.com
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business