Vintage 2018 Team
Company: Giesen Wines Ltd
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
Do you want to improve your winemaking experience as part of one of Marlborough’s most fun (and hard-working) vintage teams?
Join the Giesen Winery vintage team, and as well as working in one of the country’s most technology savvy wineries, you’ll have the chance to be part of our Cellar Hand training programme. Not to mention we offer competitive remuneration, attractive benefits, awesome vintage meals – and the chance to have your national flag flying at the winery!
Established in 1981 by the three Giesen brothers, Giesen Wines exports to 40 countries across the world. We are a team who enjoy and create fantastic, award-winning wines, including Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Merlot and Syrah.
Suitable applicants will:
- Be motivated and hard working with a can-do attitude
- Be quality focussed, team players
- Have excellent organisational skills and an ability to work under pressure
- Exhibit a passion for making wine and the wine industry
- Have good English speaking and writing skills
- Where possible, have prior Cellar experience (but it’s not essential as we have great training)
- Be physically fit
- Have a great sense of humour
- An understanding of Health & Safety in the work place
- Applicants will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: giesen.co.nz/
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business