Business Development Manager, Christchurch - 12 Months fixed-term
Company: Yealands Wine Group Ltd
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Distributor
Our company is just eight years young and has quickly become a global leader in sustainable wine production. Inspired to "think boldly, tread lightly and never say it can’t be done", Yealands has achieved rapid growth in the New Zealand market.
We are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join our sales team to cover a 12 month parental leave period and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to further enhance and grow our already strong market. This role involves travel from Christchurch through Southland and Central Otago and would require four to five days commuting per fortnight.
You will demonstrate strong initiative, be self-motivated and have a proven track record in growing sales and profitability.
Responsible for building strong relationships, you will engage customers with the Yealands story and use your proven skills to drive sales growth through excellent operational planning and execution of the business goals with new and existing customers.
You will have a keen understanding of the FMCG market, broad competitor awareness and strong communication skills to influence buyer behaviour and decision making.
This role is about sales negotiations, building long-term customer relationships and as our brand ambassador, representing our business with pride and energy.
Are you the right person for us?
- 2-3 years’ experience in FMCG is essential
- Wine experience or knowledge would be an advantage
- Be tech savvy and good with numbers
- Attitude is important - positivity, confident, good sense of humour, and being a team player is essential
- We move swiftly and things can change fast - you will be highly organised, have excellent time management and work well under pressure.
Are we the right company for you?
- We are a global leader in sustainable wine production and are 100% committed to sustainability and to producing world class wines
- We are professional with strong ethics and encourage a fun, friendly and safe environment for our team
- We value our people and the environment and are inspired to “think boldly, tread lightly and never say it can’t be done”.
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter by Friday 25th August 2017. You must be legally entitled to work in NZ to apply for this role.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.yealandswinegroup.co.nz/careers
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business