Laboratory Technician - Part time
Company: Wither Hills
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
Would you like the opportunity to be the best you can be, really make a difference and have a great time doing it? At Wither Hills, our success comes from Great People and Great Brands. We are one of New Zealand's leading wine companies with great brands for many occasions.
We are currently looking for a permanent part time Laboratory Technician to join the team at our Blenheim winery. This role will be 20 -24 hour per week with flexibility on days worked.
Within this role you will work as part of a multi-disciplined laboratory team who provide technical service and support to the winery.
This role's primary purpose is:
- Carrying out quality control checks via routine sampling, analytical testing and reporting
- Providing trial and blending testing and support
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving
- Maintaining and improving quality and environmental systems
- Supporting other Wither Hills team members
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a degree in food sciences, chemistry, oenology, or related discipline
- Have practical experience in an analytical laboratory
- Show exceptional analytical, problem solving, attention to detail and organisational skills
- Be experienced in the use, calibration and maintenance of a range of laboratory instrumentation
- Prove yourself to be pragmatic, self-motivated, solutions and customer focused
- Be an agile, quick learner who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Have a great attitude and achieve using constructive behaviours
- Be able to work flexible hours as required (especially across Vintage)
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
Experience gained in the wine industry will be highly regarded. There is an opportunity for flexible hours - so you can choose what hours suit you within business needs.
Our culture of personal achievement and wellbeing provides the opportunity for a fulfilling career. If you meet these skills and qualifications we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications close 21st July
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business