Harvest Winemaking Assistant
Company: Hall Wines
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
HALL’s estate vineyards and vineyard partners encompass the finest Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Sauvignon Blanc grown throughout the diverse range of Napa Valley’s sub-AVAs. Through organic farming and meticulous attention to detail in the vineyards, HALL wines are able to express the unique character of Napa Valley’s soils and climate.
WALT is dedicated to the production of premier Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from the Pacific Coast’s most distinctive vineyard sites, spanning nearly 1000 miles and including Sta. Rita Hills, Sonoma County, Anderson Valley, and the Willamette Valley.
We are seeking a Winemaking Assistant for the 2017 harvest with the leadership and winemaking experience necessary to work with our team in ensuring the highest winemaking standards are being met. This is an excellent opportunity to work with both Cabernet and Pinot Noir brands at an ultra-premium, family owned winery. Positions typically run between mid-August and late December.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Key role in the undertaking and reporting of research trials
- Quality control on crush pad
- Interface with optical sorting equipment
- Tank monitoring during fermentation
- Assist in the execution of the barrel fill plan
- Assist the winemakers throughout harvest as necessary
- Previous winemaking experience is a must, as is an educational background in Chemistry or Enology
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Computer skills required
- Strong organization, problem-solving; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to calculate figures
- Must have reliable transportation
- Willingness to work long hours on day or night shift
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Able to lift 55+ pounds.
- Walk, kneel, bend, and stand.
- A percentage of time may be spent in cellar where temperatures are cool and noise level is usually moderate
- Able to work outside in variable weather conditions
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.hallwines.com
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business