Company: To be advised
Location: Hawkes Bay
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
Our client is a premium producer of hand-crafted quality wines, with an emphasis on estate grown fruit and small lot production. Given their unique climate and soil type of the Gimblett Gravel Sub Region, there is a focus on Chardonnay and Syrah. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with a wide range of grape varieties including Viognier, Pinot Gris, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc. This role will involve working closely with the Winemaker in all aspects of grape processing and production, including but not limited to receiving grapes, destemming/crushing, pressing, racking, yeast inoculations, fermentation monitoring, barrel work and laboratory testing, general cellar work, cellar hygiene, filtration, bottling and labelling.
- Positive attitude and a keen interest in premium wine production
- Attention to detail and committment to impeccable standards of cleanliness in all aspects of cellar work
- Adaptability to changing work conditions
- Ability to work effectively and consistently in a team environment and autonomously
- Felxible work schedule and an understanding that long hours may sometimes be required
- Ability to lift 20kg
- Valid NZ work permit
- Tertiary education in a relevant field
- 2-3 years of cellar experience
- Excellent forklift skills and/or a valid forklift ticket
- Strong laboratory skills
- International experience
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business