Company: Wine by Joe, LLC
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
Wine by Joe/Dobbes Family Estate located in Dundee Oregon is hiring for the upcoming grape harvest. We are a diverse company with two different cellars that produce 3 in house labels in addition to several custom crush labels. Opportunities are available in both our large scale and our boutique production facility.
Our winery processes over 3,000 tons of fruit and though Pinot Noir is our flagship, we also make Pinot Gris, Syrah, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Viognier and were the first producers in Oregon to make a single variety Grenache Blanc!
The position will start around mid to late August until the end of October/first of November with the possibility of extension for workers with a great work ethic and attitude. There are a few opportunities available to join us the first of June.
Harvest Interns will assist the production and winemaking staff with all harvest-related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Processing and sorting fruit.
• Sanitize equipment, chemical handling.
• Operating a forklift.
• Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
• Punch downs.
• Cleaning and sanitize all winery equipment.
• Filling and emptying barrels.
• Making chemical additions to juice and wine.
• Working long hours including evenings and weekends.
• Completing and filling out work orders accurately.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Intermediate level of reading and writing comprehension in English.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures, and be able to read cellar work orders, count barrels, record times and dates. Basic math skills required.
• Tolerance for working in variable temperatures, hot to cold.
• Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, punctual, have a good work ethic and a great attitude. Previous experience is preferred, but not required.
The physical effort typically applied in this job includes:
X Lifting X Pulling X Reaching X Manipulating
X Carrying X Pushing X Shoveling
X Sitting X Standing X Walking
X Stooping X Bending X Confined
MENTAL OR VISUAL DEMAND
Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; the work involves performing complex tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications.
The job is continuously performed under disagreeable working conditions; exposure to any or all of the below elements is probable, with several being present to the extent of being objectionable.
X Dust X Dirt X Heat X Cold
X Fumes X Noise Vibration X Water
Housing and transportation are not provided so please make arrangements accordingly.
If you are not a US citizen and do not have a valid work visa, please contact World Wide Farmers for visa assistance.
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us!
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.joedobbescollection.com