Vineyard Manager - Awatere Valley
Company: Cable Bay Vineyards
Category: Vineyard / Viticulture
At Cable Bay Vineyards we are passionate about making premium wine from our own vineyards located in Marlborough and Waiheke Island.
Our Marlborough vineyards (19ha planted) are located on the banks of the Awatere River in the Lower Dashwood. One of the sites, the Cinders Vineyard, is organically managed with BioGro accreditation. The other site, the Rocky Vineyard, is the only high density sauvignon vineyard in the Awatere Valley, and perhaps with the oldest plantings - dating back to 1996.
From these vineyards we produce premium quality Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir for both domestic and international markets.
We are now seeking to employ an equally passionate vineyard manager to manage and maintain our Awatere Valley vineyards, who takes pride in growing high quality fruit.
You must have:
- A viticulture/horticulture degree
- A minimum of 5 years viticulture experience
- An ability to self manage and work autonomously
- Proficiency in operating all vineyard machinery
- Strong organisational and analytical skills, and an aptitude for record keeping
- Advanced communication skills
- Experience in co-ordinating and managing contractors
We will provide you:
- The opportunity to work within a young and dynamic team who are driven to make great wine
- The opportunity to manage a unique and premium focused vineyard
- A competitive remuneration with additional benefits
- Career progression and personal development
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.cablebay.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business